The purpose of this Blog is to introduce men and women all over the World to the Doctrines of Grace; the 5 Solas; Reformation Theology and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Plea to Al Mohler, Nettles and the Founders

I feel so much like Michael Corleone right now.  I want to ignore the Calvinism wars. I want to talk about something else. I want to move on the things that I think are more important that are being ignored in our obsession with promoting or assailing Calvinism.  But, as soon as I make a commitment, then:

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!

Alan Cross wrote a powerful article at his site, Downshore Drift, called, “Does Al Mohler Need to Repent of Promoting Calvinism?”  In that article, he calls on Dr. Mohler to change his ways, asking him to tone down the rhetoric on the Calvinism front. I would encourage you to read Alan’s post before you move on from here.

Okay, I’ll take your word for it that you read Alan’s take on the subject. Alan makes some great points there, which I think need to be heard. I want to expand on what he says with some points of my own.   Continue at Dave Miller

No comments: