The purpose of this Blog is to introduce men and women all over the World to the Doctrines of Grace; the 5 Solas; Reformation Theology and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sinclair Ferguson's Four Steps to Kill Sin

1. Learn to admit sin for what it really is.
Call a spade a spade — call it 'sexual immorality,' not 'I’m being tempted a little'; call it 'impurity,' not 'I’m struggling with my thought life'; call it 'evil desire, which is idolatry,' not 'I think I need to order my priorities a bit better.'
2. See sin for what your sin really is in God’s presence.
'On account of these the wrath of God is coming' (Col. 3:6). The masters of the spiritual life spoke of dragging our lusts (kicking and screaming, though they be) to the cross, to a wrath-bearing Christ.
3. Recognize the inconsistency of your sin.
You put off the 'old man,' and have put on the 'new man' (Col. 3:9–10). You are no longer the 'old man.' The identity you had 'in Adam' is gone. Keep Reading...

No comments: