The purpose of this Blog is to introduce men and women all over the World to the Doctrines of Grace; the 5 Solas; Reformation Theology and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Radical Approach to December 25th: Why we won’t be Celebrating Christmas this Year.

If the views my wife and I have about television, public schools, vaccinations, Easter, and long-term missions wasn’t enough to drive friends and family crazy, our latest decision certainly will. (I also suspect that will ruffle a few feathers on DefCon as well.)

After thoughtful deliberation we have decided to forego celebrating Christmas this year (and every year hereafter) for two main reasons, one being obvious and the other not so obvious.

No, my wife and I have not lost our minds.

No, we have not become Jehovah’s Witnesses.

No, we aren’t trying to take fun away from our children.

I have always loved Christmas. I could often be heard singing Christmas carols all year long. Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year with all the decorations, food, family, memories, and nostalgia. So my decision to essentially cancel Christmas was not an easy one.

Please hear me out before coming to any conclusions or casting dispersions upon our decision. In the end you may still not agree with us, but at least you’ll understand our reasoning. Continue Reading>>>

No comments: